Ten Thousand Villages
This storefront is the local branch of Ten Thousand Villages, a nonprofit retailer with over 150 locations nationwide. It offers fair trade goods made by artisans Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East. It is staffed entirely by volunteers and carries an eclectic array of items including furniture, jewelry, sculptures and textiles. It also offers a large selection of fairly traded coffee; customers who join the Coffee Club receive a free bag of coffee for every ten purchased.
- Hours: Mon, Sat, 10am - 5pm; Tue, Wed, Fri, 10am 6pm; Thu, 10am - 8pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Oct 01 1987
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Home decor, crafts, jewelry, coffee, chocolates, gifts, art, sculpture, serveware, textiles, world music, children's books
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates, Shipping
- Return policy: 60 days with receipt
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: free, Paid lot
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: Downtown Glen Ellyn is a great place to walk around and a fun place for families to hang out. Also, we as merchants love how the merchants work together here in Glen Ellyn.
- What's your most popular item?: The beaded pen sleeves are very popular.