St. Mark's Episcopal Church originated in 1897, with a simple service attended by 10 worshippers. More than a century later, this Episcopalian parish thrives, and worship services combining prayer, music and scripture are held inside a stone Gothic Revival building built in the early 1950s. As the parish has grown, so has the church. The most recent of several extensions was completed in 2003 and honored with the Traveling Trophy Design Award by the Village of Glen Ellyn. In September 2010, St. Mark's Preschool will open, starting with a three-day program for three- and four-year olds. In addition to the preschool, St. Mark's offers several other programs for children and youth, including nursery care on Sundays and a Parents' Day Out child care program.