Renaissance Art Studio
Opened in 1995, the Renaissance Art Studio specializes in custom picture framing, as well as the restoration of frames and paintings. Inside, the many different frame options cover an entire wall and then some. As a retailer, the studio offers a variety of other items, including art, prints, a wide and colorful selection of scarves, and handcrafted jewelry, some of which is made locally or by fair trade artisans in developing nations such as Guatemala. Renaissance also hosts and participates in many special events, including local scavenger hunts and First Fridays.
- Fax: 630-858-4946
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 10am - 5:30pm; Fri, 10am - 7:30pm; Sat, 9:30am - 5pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Oct 01 1995
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Frames, Art, Prints, Jewelry, Scarves, Handbags, Invitations and Announcements
- Services: Gift certificates, Repair
- Return policy: Custom framing orders cannot be returned.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: Downtown Glen Ellyn. People love to shop and live here because it's walkable and right on the Metra train line. Many of our very loyal customers prefer to walk into town and shop.
- Any dos or don'ts when it comes to framing?: If you're framing something very precious to you, make sure you go to a reputable framer. Many precious, valuable pieces can be ruined or diminished in value if the proper materials and methods aren't used.