Saturday, Sept. 21
Up for a little drinkin' this weekend, are you? Well, what if we told you that you can get a little tipsy—with a ready-made designated driver? And, the best part is, you can do all of that while raising money for a great cause. Yep, it's a pub crawl.
The very first DuPage County Pub Crawl to benefit veterans will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday and go all day and night. Your $25 wristband donation includes the designated bus driver, who will get you to and from 21 DuPage County Bars, a free T-shirt for those who pre-registered, and a chance to win up to $2,000. Proceeds benefit the Villa Park VFW Post 2801 and Save-A-Vet.org.
Some of the best bars in all of DuPage County are participating:
- VFW—29 E St Charles Road, Villa Park
- Demito Time—335 E Kenilworth Ave., Villa Park
- Josephine's—207 S Villa Ave., Villa Park
- Mahoney's—121 South Villa Ave., Villa Park
- Spring Inn—552 Spring Road, Elmhurst
- Doc Ryan's—490 Spring Road, Elmhurst
- Fitz's Spare Keys —119 N. York St., Elmhurst
- Fitz's Pub—172 N. Addison Ave., Elmhurst
- Macks Golden Pheasant—668 W. North Ave., Elmhurst
- JD Muggs—437 S. Addison Road, Addison
- Blue Line—475 S. Grace St., Addison
- Brauer House—1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard
- Otto's—433 Crescent Blvd., Lombard
- JT’s Porch Saloon—665 W. Roosevelt Road, Lombard
- Gnarly J’s—1211 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove
- Shanahans—2009 W. Ogden Ave., Downers Grove
- Q's Billiards—2145 63rd St., Downers Grove
- Bally Doyles—5157 Main St., Downers Grove
- Trademark Tavern—777 E. Butterfield Road, Lombard
- Ardmore Lounge—340 S. Ardmore Ave., Villa Park
- Fitz's Irish Bulldog—314 W. St. Charles Road, Villa Park
From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., buses will run the bar route in a continuous loop, stopping at each bar within 25-minute intervals. For more information and all the little details, click here. Think you can make it the whole 12 hours?
If a pub crawl is not your thing, bring the family to Harvest Festival from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Lombard Historical Society, 23 W. Maple St. We're talking old fashioned corn roast and barn dance here, fun for the whole family. Enjoy square dancing, a live band, face painting, craft beers, food from local farms, custom-made sausage and more. Admission is free and food and beverage tickets will be available for purchase. The event is hosted by Prairie Food Co-op, in partnership with the historical society. If you're not familiar with Prairie Food Co-op, be sure to check it out.
Have you tried Meatheads yet? The Glen Ellyn location, 549 Roosevelt Road, will celebrate its first year and will be giving away free kids meals to children 12 and younger with the purchase of any regular priced sandwich from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Also on Saturday:
- Community Cookout at 11 a.m. at B.R. Ryall YMCA of Northwestern DuPage, 49 Deicke Drive, Glen Ellyn
- Cancerpalooza-Live Music Extravaganza, raising funds for cancer research, beginning at 4 p.m. at Maryknoll Park, 845 Pershing, Glen Ellyn.
- Greg Klyma in Concert; special guest Laura Joy, at 7:30 p.m. at 220 S. Main St., Lombard.
Sunday, Sept. 22
Have fun, support students by registering for Raider Run.
Glenbard South families, alumni and other community members are invited to join South Boosters at Raider Run, a Booster fund-raiser and alumni event. Raider Run is a 5-K run and 1.5-mile walk. The fun gets under way at 9 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, at Raider Stadium, 23W200 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn. Registration forms are available at this link. Pre-registration is $10, and race day registration is $15. Boosters provide financial assistance to South's academic, athletic and extracurricular activities.
Also on Sunday:
- Susan G. Komen Chicagoland Race for the Cure, 6:30 a.m., Yorktown, Lombard
- Walk to End Alzheimer's, 8 a.m. at North Central College Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium, 455 S. Brainard, Naperville
- Parenting the Love and Logic Way, 5:30 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn, 550 N. Main St.