And Patch.com knows there are plenty of residents out there willing to lend a helping hand.
With that in mind, Patch.com has looked to volunteermatch.org., a website aimed at bringing "good people and causes together," for volunteer opportunities currently posted for the area. Here is a look at five of those opportunities:
- American Cancer Society- DuPage Area is looking for friendly volunteers to work in its Survivor Reception area at the 4th annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on October 20 at Cantigny Park in Wheaton as well as volunteers in its registration and T-shirt area, the accounting area andassistance on Oct. 19 walking around the gardens to decorate and stake signs.
- Kaitlin's Hideout is looking for volunteers to bring joy and attention to visiting children and/or bring their expertise to our programs. More information is available on VolunteerMatch.org.
- Heartland Hospice is looking for volunteers to offer support, companionship and compassionate help to our patients. More information is available on VolunteerMatch.org.
- DuPage County Health Department Behavioral Health Services is looking for volunteers to read books to our clients' children during selected DuPage County Health Deparment clinic hours. Read more on VolunteerMatch.org.
- People's Resource Center is looking for computer instructors to volunteer to teach computer classes in Windows, Excel, Powerpoint and other Microsoft applications as well as food pantry volunteers and computer service representative. More information is available on VolunteerMatch.org.