In the last 10 years, the Glenbard West Boosters have helped raise and donate more than $1million to help fund programs ranging from academics to co-curricular activities at the high school.
The boosters fundraising tradition continues with its upcoming Vegas-themed event being held Feb. 2 at the Crowne Plaza. Time is running out to reserve a place at the dinner.
“This past year was another successful fundraising year and thanks to the ongoing generosity of families and merchants in the Glenbard West community,” said Laura Henkel, co-chair of the booster's auction said. “Funds were disbursed to support a wide array of academic, athletic, and co-curricular programs at Glenbard West, and our financial grants touch nearly every student in a positive way.”
The Glenbard West Boosters have been providing funding for programs for more than 50 years, according to the group.
- Most recently, in the last 10 years, funds raised have helped fill a number of needs including:
- Providing funding for many academic programs within the school including a new language learning lab supporting all language disciplines
- Providing numerous laptop computers
- Providing white boards and other essential technology for learning advancement in the classroom
- Providing audio equipment to enhance music and theatre performances.
- Purchasing uniforms and athletic gear for the boys football, basketball, tennis and golf teams as well as the girls basketball, softball, gold and badminton programs ensuring that all student athletes have the proper equipment and are safe in competitions.
The Glenbard West Boosters Vegas, Baby! event will be held Feb. 2, at 7:30 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza, 1250 Roosevelt Road. Event includes food, music, cash bar and silent auction. Tickets are $60 per person. RSVP by January 25, 2013 to Mary Yangas. For online payments, please go to www.gwboosters.com. You may also pay at the door.