Glenbard High School District 87 School Board will meet to discuss Common Core standards, Title I, and summer projects, among other things, at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 7.
The regular meeting will begin with reports from the district's Finance and Facility; Communication, Legislation and Partnerships; Policy; and Student Performance and Achievement committees.
Following reports from board members, the public will be invited to speak on any topic for up to three minutes.
In addition to approval of personnel reports, the consent agenda consists of the following items:
- new course proposals: college and career prep, Italian, modern poetry and Western humanities classes
- Policies and procedures for second reading and adoption
- 2013-14 application for recognition of schools
- Title I plan for Glenbard East
- educational tours and field trips
- village of Lombard intergovernmental agreement regarding paramedic services
The board will then hear the superintendent's recommendation with regard to Glenbard group insurance program renewal.
Discussion items include:
- Common Core and PARCC update
- June 30 audit review
- policies and procedures for first reading
- 2013 summer projects review
After any new business or board member requests, the board will go into closed session to discuss appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the district.
The board may then vote on action items from closed session.
The board meeting will be held at Technology Center of DuPage, 301 S. Swift Road, Addison, and it will be preceded by a tour of TCD from 6:15 to 6:45 p.m.