The Glen Ellyn Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 26, at the Glen Ellyn Civic Center, 535 Duane St.The meeting will begin with recognition of Victor Zarate, Emma Sprau and Kathryn Horn of Public Works for their professionalism, as noted by a grateful resident, in making sure a broken limb from an oak tree was promptly removed.
Officer Steve Miko also will be recognized for his presentation on the problem of teenagers and prescription drug abuse.
Members of the public will then be invited to speak for up to three minutes on any topic.
In addition to approval of minutes and accounts payable, the consent agenda includes the following items for approval:
- designate Trustee Peter Ladesic as village president pro tem for September through December
- purchase two 2014 Ford F-350 dump trucks with snow plow equipment from Freeway Ford of Lyons for $121,187, through the Suburban Purchasing Cooperative.
- approve the annual Cottage Avenue Water Tower maintenance agreement with Utilities Service Company of Perry, Ga., at a cost not to exceed $22,000
- increase the appropriation of funds associated with the 2013-14 tree planting program by $35,000 for a revised total appropriation not to exceed $72,000
- approve an ordinance to amend Section 9-2-12 (Municipal Permit Parking Lots) and Section 9-5-8 (Schedule H; Parking Limits) of the village code regarding parking in the Main and Pennsylvania parking lot.
- purchase of a new Caterpillar Model 938K front-end loader from Patten Caterpillar of Elmhurst for $140,450
- increase appropriation of funds for the 2013 sewer lining program by $150,000 for a revised total appropriation of $500,000
- increase contract price $138,000 with Insituform Technologies for the 2013 sewer lining program for a revised contract cost of $465,772
- increase the appropriation for engineering services associated with the Lenox-Linden Project performed by RHMG Engineers in the amount of $87,000, for a revised total appropriation of $192,000
- approve Amendment No. 1 to the engineering services agreement with RHMG Engineers for the Lenox-Linden Project to include the detailed design of Elm and Chidester between Lenox and Riford in the amount of $79,320, resulting in a total, not-to-exceed fee of $174,820
- approve the 2013 Emerald Ash Borer management plan