Official trick-or-treat time for kids in Glen Ellyn is from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31.
And while the thought of criminals in the neighborhood can take the fun out of what should be a carefree tradition, Patch wants to help parents in Glen Ellyn keep their kids safe this Halloween. So we've provided this map of the area's registered sex offenders. It's unnerving, but we hope that it will help your peace of mind to have more information.
In general, the laws center on sex offenders registering in person each year at the local police department. They must do so for a required 10-year registration period, unless they are separately required to register for life. Offenders are prohibited from living within 500 feet of a school, daycare center, youth center or other facility that caters to children younger than 18 years old.
Sex Offenders in Your Neighborhood
A search of the Illinois Sex Offender Registry links 13 registered in Glen Ellyn.
One man listed in the Glen Ellyn search is currently being held in the Illinois Department of Corrections:
- Raymond E. Kmet, 51: Convicted of criminal sexual assault. The victim was under 18.
Five offenders are listed as sexual predators:
- John Christopher Alcock, 43, 1188 Royal Glen Apt. 103, convicted of child pornography
- Michael S. Katz, 385 St. Charles Road, convicted of child pornography, solicitation of a child to appear
- Michael C. Lombardo, 26, 1N636 Newton, convicted of aggravated child pornography
- Alan D. Pihera, 46, 2N316 Pearl, convicted of aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a 7-year-old
- Ronnie Smith, 52, 582 Pershing Ave. Apt. C, convicted of predatory criminal sexual assault of a 13-year-old
How the Map Works
The map is interactive, meaning you can zoom in, zoom out, or move it around to see all the plotted points.
Floating your cursor over one of the markers will give you the name of the sex offender and their address. Double clicking on the marker will give you more information about the specific charge.
The four yellow markers represent sex offenders who are not listed as sexual predators. The remaining red pins are those who are labeled as sexual predators in the registry.