SUNDAY, JULY 29
Driving under the influence
Police said Elias R. Lopez, 31, of the 300 block of Windsor Court, South Elgin, was arrested at 12:35 a.m. at Roosevelt Road and I-355, police said. He was charged with improper lane use and driving under the influence.
- Aaron R. Lauer, 31, of the 0 N 200 block of Cumnor Avenue, was arrested at 2:56 a.m. at Forest and Cottage avenues, police said. He was charged with possession of drug equipment, driving under the influence and a sign violation.
- Nathaniel L. Haas, 33, of the 400 block of north Main Street, was arrested at 2:56 a.m. at Forest and Cottage avenues, police said. He was charged with possession of drug equipment.
Emily A. Rooney, 19, of the 21 W 400 block of Fairway, was arrested at 4:50 a.m. at Elm and Main streets, police said. She was charged with driving without a license.
SATURDAY, JULY 28
Police said Khalil D Sharawi, 18, of the 100 block of Concord Court, Dyer, IN, was arrested at 1:21 a.m. at Roosevelt Road and Nicoll Way. He was charged with improper lane use, no registration and driving an uninsured motor vehicle.
Driving under the influence
David L. Busboom, 43, of the 900 block of Bridle, Wheaton, was arrested at Main and Maple streets at 1:37 a.m., police said. He was charged with driving under the influence and a traffic sign violation.
Police said it was reported that between 10 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Saturday someone took several deck chairs and threw them in the pool at the Sunset Pool, 483 Fairview Avenue.
FRIDAY, JULY 27
- A resident in the 800 block of Highland Avenue reported that between 8 p.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday someone entered an unlocked vehicle in the driveway and stole a garage door opener, police said.
- Between 10 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 a.m. Friday someone entered an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Highland Avenue, police said. A longboard was stolen from the front passenger seat.
Someone reported at 11:40 p.m. that a small wooden “house for books” was removed from a post and left it in the middle of the street in the 100 block of Muirwood Drive, police said.
THURSDAY, JULY 26
- Rhoshunda D. Garder, 30, of the 2000 block of Cannon Court, College Park, GA, was arrested at 9:51 p.m. in the 600 block of Roosevelt Road, police said. She was charged with fighting and public intoxication.
- Jeremy Lanell Smith, 28, of the 2400 block of Jailette Trace, College Park, GA, was arrested at 9:51 p.m. in the 600 block of Roosevelt Road, police said. He was charged with fighting.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 25
Police said Jorge L. Lopez, 24, of the 21 W 500 block of North Avenue, Lombard, was arrested at 11:39 p.m. at Park Boulevard and Fairview Avenue. He was charged with driving without a license, driving an uninsured motor vehicle and no vehicle registration.
Someone reported the theft of a Muscular Dystrophy Association donation jar from the front counter of the BP, 339 Roosevelt Rd., police said. The theft was reported at 10:32 a.m.
TUESDAY, JULY 24
John M. Thompson, 61, of 703 W. Liberty, Wheaton, (DuPage PADS), was arrested at 7:43 p.m. in the 800 block of Bloomingdale Road, police said. He was charged with public intoxication.
Someone reported at 11:45 a.m. that an unknown person entered the men’s locker room at the YMCA, 49 Deicke Dr., and stole miscellaneous items from lockers, according to police reports.
MONDAY, JULY 23
Agustin L. Burgon, 57, of the 100 block of North May, Addison, was arrested at 11:23 p.m. at Geneva Road and Evergreen Avenue, police said. He was charged with speeding and driving without a driver’s license.
A number of vehicle burglaries were reported overnight. Vehicles parked in driveways in the 100 block of Ellyn and Milton avenues and the 600 block of Harding Avenue had miscellaneous items stolen, according to police reports. In addition, a vehicle in the 100 block of Main Street was also burglarized. A camera was stolen from the vehicle overnight between 10 p.m. and 9 a.m.
SUNDAY, JULY 22
James A. Erickson, 23, of the 300 block of Woodstock Avenue, was arrested at 4:43 p.m. at Dominick’s, 880 Roosevelt Rd., the said. He was charged with retail theft – shoplifting.