You may not be thinking about summer employment yet, but the Illinois Tollway is. The Tollway is planning to hire 50 seasonal toll collectors to fill positions from May 15 to Oct. 31, 2013.
The toll collector applications must be submitted by Dec. 19.
Find information on these jobs and others in the area in our weekly column.
Have a local job you’d like to fill? Share the information with Local Editor Mary Ann Lopez.
Here are some job openings courtesy of Indeed.com
The Marketing Store is hiring a senior financial analyst to work in its Lombard office.
Comcast is hiring a full-time Coord. 2, Customer Service to work in its Oak Brook office.
Elmhurst Hospital is hiring a registrar to work a variable schedule.
Hyatt is hiring a human resource coordinator for its Oak Brook location.
The College of DuPage is hiring a student position as receptionist/clerical worker. This position is for students only.
Marianjoy is hiring a part-time rehabilitation care assistant for its Wheaton location.
Downers Grove District 99 is hiring a long-term substitute.
The Illinois Tollway is currently seeking qualified candidates for approximately 50 seasonal toll collector positions, which pay $10 per hour and typically run from May 15, 2013 to October 31, 2013. Candidates must apply by December 19, 2012.
The season toll collector position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Must be able to pass written exam with a 75 percent or higher score in order to qualify for an interview.
- Must be able to work from approximately May 15, 2013 through October 31, 2013.
- One year of customer service, cash handling, retail or bank experience is desired.
- The ability to work seven days per week, 24 hours a day, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- The ability to lift 25 pounds is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
How to apply:
- Online: Complete the Illinois Tollway application, save it to the computer and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Submit the completed application or pick up and complete the application at Illinois Tollway Headquarters located at 2700 Ogden Ave. in Downers Grove between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- By mail: Send the completed application to: Illinois Tollway – Human Resources 2700 Ogden Ave., Downers Grove, IL 60515