Invite a friend
Chicago Bulls Summer Basketball Camps Coming to Glen Ellyn
LISLE, IL. – The Bulls/Sox Academy announced that it is hosting Bulls Summer Camps throughout the Chicagoland area beginning this June.
There is a Bulls Summer Camp coming up at Ackerman Sports and Fitness located at 800 St. Charles Road. Registration for the camp is open to 5 to 12 year olds. The camp begins July 23rd and runs through July 27th. The camp will run from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Cost for the camp is $199 per player.
The Bulls/Sox Academy has improved the fundamentals of more than 50,000 players. This summer, the professional instructors at the Bulls/Sox Academy will make you a better player in just five days. From ball handling to passing, shooting to rebounding, individual moves and team concepts, we’ll work every part of your game. Beyond the skills, we do our best to help kids understand what it takes to train like a pro, demonstrate good sportsmanship and be a courageous competitor. The best players never stop working on their game.
Every participant in the summer camp program receives a Bulls/Sox Academy duffel bag, Chicago Bulls T-shirt, 4 White Sox Ticket Vouchers, and an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the United Center. All athletes will also have their abilities tested in some of the same skills that pro scouts use to test college athletes. The top qualifiers in each age group will compete for the Grand Championship on the United Center court at our annual Champions Day event.
The Chicago Bulls summer camps are broken down into two different age levels: Rookies and Veterans. The “Rookies” are for ages five to eight years old. This session is for three hours per day over five days and is geared toward teaching the basic fundamentals of basketball for young players just learning the game. The nine and twelve year olds participate in a three hour skills camp per day over five days that focuses on the essential skills of basketball for the more experienced or travel players.
The Bulls/Sox Academy opened in 2001 in Lisle, Illinois and runs extensive training programs for boys and girls from beginner to professional. There are additional academies in Glen Ellyn, LaGrange, and Schererville, IN. For more information or to register for a summer camp, go to www.BullsSoxAcademy.com or call 630-324-8221.
More About Ackerman Sports & Fitness Center
Ackerman Sports & Fitness Center is an 88,000 square-foot
facility that houses a 40-yard by 60-yard turf field for a variety of sports, two 30-foot climbing walls, three high-school-size basketball courts, four batting cages run by the White Sox Training Academy, multi-purpose rooms for fitness classes, private and group lessons, sports leagues and an 8,000 square fitness center that features treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes including recumbent, upright and hybrid, strength machines, tread climbers, free weights, personal televisions, personal trainers, fitness classes, drop-in child care for members, core conditioning and locker rooms. All pieces of equipment have Nike+ workout tracking software and are compatible with iPod Nano, second generation iPod Touch and IPhone 3GS.
Other events here
- BULLS/SOX ACADEMY, CHICAGO WHITE SOX HOST SWING MAINTENANCE CLUB IN GLEN ELLYN Weekly on Thursdays, 4:30 pm–6:00 pm
- CHICAGO WHITE SOX, BULLS/SOX ACADEMY OFFER YOUTH FASTPITCH SUMMER CAMPS IN GLEN ELLYN Tue, Jun 11, 9:00 am–10:30 am
- CHICAGO WHITE SOX, BULLS/SOX ACADEMY OFFER YOUTH FASTPITCH SUMMER CAMPS IN GLEN ELLYN Tue, Jun 11, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- BULLS/SOX ACADEMY HOSTS CHICAGO WHITE SOX OFFENSE CLUB IN GLEN ELLYN June 17, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / June 24, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / July 1, 2013 / July 2, 2013 / July 8, 2013 / July 9, 2013,
- BULLS/SOX ACADEMY HOSTS CHICAGO WHITE SOX DEFENSE CLUB IN GLEN ELLYN June 17, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / June 24, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / July 1, 2013 / July 2, 2013 / July 8, 2013 / July 9, 2013, 1:15 pm–2:30 pm
- CHICAGO BULLS, BULLS/SOX ACADEMY OFFER YOUTH SUMMER BASKETBALL CAMPS IN GLEN ELLYN July 22, 2013 / July 23, 2013 / July 24, 2013 / July 25, 2013 / July 26, 2013, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm