Police Blotter: Underage Alcohol Possession, Beer Theft, Purse Pilfered at Party
Glen Ellyn Police Department reports, Dec. 31 to Jan. 6
SATURDAY, JAN. 5
Irving D. Henderson, 25, of the 4000 block of Gladys, Chicago, was arrested at 7:49 a.m. at Roosevelt Road and Royal Glen Drive, Glen Ellyn Police said. He was charged with driving without a license and speeding.
Aaron J. Smith, 18, of the 300 block of Oak Street, was arrested at 10:39 p.m. in the Panfish Park parking lot, police said. He was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol.
FRIDAY, JAN. 4
Police said someone stole a purse and a camera from a room in a home in the 600 block of Essex. The theft was reported at 2 a.m. and took place during a New Year’s Eve party. The items stolen were valued at more than $500.
THURSDAY, JAN. 3
Four people were arrested and charged at 12:06 a.m. in the 700 block of Revere Road, police said.
- Revie C. Sorey, 20, of the 300 block of Prospect Avenue and Mary E. Gitter, 18, of the 200 block of Crest Road, were charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.
- Derrick M. Johnson, 19, of the 2600 block of Caliende Circle, Montgomery, was charged with illegal consumption and illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.
- Estela P. Schutt, 50, of the 700 block of Revere Road, was charged with illegal liquor access.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 2
- Michelle M. Wardynski, 19, of the first block of Westmore Road, Lombard, was arrested at 3:01 p.m. at Surrey Drive and Route 53, police said. She was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol.
- Police said Billy Thomas, Jr., 21, of the 500 block of Pleasant Avenue, Lombard, was arrested at 3:01 p.m. at Surrey Drive and Route 53. He was charged with gift of alcohol to a minor.
Someone entered the 7-Eleven at 803 N. Main St. and stole a case of beer, police said. The theft was reported at 2:39 a.m.
TUESDAY, JAN. 1
Mark A. Sudds, 18, of the 200 block of Hill Ave., was arrested at 6:59 p.m. in the 500 block of Longfellow Avenue, police said. He was charged with possession of cannabis, 30 grams and under and unlawful use of a weapon.
Resisting an officer
Police said Daniel J. Beck, 18, of the 400 block of North West Street, Wheaton, was arrested at 12:29 a.m. at Main Street and Turner Avenue. He was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor and resisting/obstructing and officer.
MONDAY, DEC. 31, 2012
Mark S. Jacoby, 54, of the 400 block of North Main Street, was arrested at 10:54 a.m. in the 400 block of North Main Street, police said. He was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and charged on an in-state warrant from the DuPage County Sheriff.